I prepared it several times and came out well every time since the recipe is simple to follow. Over the years I have modified it slightly. This is the best pav bhaji recipe that I have ever tried and loved. You can adjust the amount of veggies to suit your taste and liking.There are many paav bhaji masala powders available in the market which can be used instantly. Each one differs in the flavor and taste ,but the basic ingredients almost remain the same, and only the quantity of ingredients change. So you can chose the one you like. I like my homemade masala powders so I make my own pav bhaji masala powder
How to make
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
* 1 cup chopped cauliflower(refer notes)
* 2 medium or 4 small potatoes
* ½ cup capsicum chopped
* ½ to ¾ cup green peas (adjust to suit your taste)
* 1 tbsp butter or oil (2 tbsp. suggested)
* 2 medium onions (3/4 cup finely chopped )
* 1 green chili optional
* ½ tsp red chili pow
* ¼ tsp turmeric
* ¾ to 1 tbsp. paav bhaji masala powder
* 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
* 1 large tomato or 2 medium
* ¼ tsp kasuri methi / dried fenu greek leaves
* Additional butter for pav
* Pav (buns) 4 to 6
for garnish (optional)
* Lemon wedges
* Chopped onions
* Coriander leaves
* 1 tbsp butter
How to make the recipePrep bhaji
* Boil or pressure cook cauliflower, potatoes and peas until cooked fully.
* Add butter or oil to a pan and heat up. Add onions and fry till they turn translucent, add ginger garlic paste and fry till it gets fragrant. Fry capsicums for 3 to 4 minutes.
* Add tomatoes, fry till tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
* Add chili pow,salt and masala powder. mix and fry for another 2 minutes.
* Add boiled veggies, mash well.
* Pour water just enough to bring to a consistency. Add kasuri methi and cook until it reaches a desired consistency.Making pav bhaji
* Slit the pav buns horizontally leaving one edge intact.
* Heat butter on a pan. Open the buns and toast it for a min or two. If you like to make it more spicy, sprinkle some paav bhaji masala powder on the inner side
* Garnish pav bhaji with onions, butter and serve pav bhaji hot or warm.